Dear Readers, do you read other people’s blog? That question seems redundant… since you’re reading this.
Wait! I’m asking for a specific reason, however, let’s start at the beginning.
It’s a fact, bloggers are spotlight hogs. We long for validation from our readers. Bloggers that read other people’s blog understand. Yet, countless people just read and lurk on blogs. And there is nothing wrong with that.
Even still, this blog is for you. Don’t worry, I’m not asking you to step up and become more vocal. I understand that might be uncomfortable for you.
My aim for today is to let the readers in my blogger mind for a little, concerning how I feel about my blog.
Readers! As a blogger, I want you to know, why I do this. Why I blog.
- I really love this
- I want you to know about what I do
- I’m looking for ways to help you
- I want to give you something of value
Even though I blog, I enjoy reading other people’s blog and here is why I visit these bloggers.
- I’m visiting because you sparked an interest. When I sorta fall in love with what you write, that keeps me returning to your blog time and time again.
- I want to know what you do
- I’m looking for help or to be entertained
- I see a value in continuing to a loyal reader
In 2014, I almost became a blogging statistic. After losing a couple of close family members over the last few years, this resulted in a great deal of soul searching. Was I on the right path in my life? It had hit me, that life is too short. I wrote a couple of blogs about this decision; Blog Hiatus and why I continued to blog. It is often a difficult decision maintain blogging when things aren’t going as you expect. Looking back, I made the right decision. Which brings us to today.
Readers are the lifeblood of every Blogger and here is how to show your favorite bloggers a little love.
The assumption today; the blog(s) you read are well written, even superb. That you always look forward to checking out their next blog, due to the fact they are filled with value, show expertise and generally educate or entertain you. Yes, I firmly believe bloggers continually improving their content and expertise. I strive for this constantly.
As a blogger here are the ways I would love for you to help us stay in the spotlight a little longer with each blog.
- Preview our value item
- Become a customer
Share your favorite blogs with your friends, family, and business associates; even your clients. Giving something of value helps you to build your customer relationship. Your favorite blogs, the ones with exceptional content are an excellent value. Share how?
- Email it to them
- Share the blog, even website on your social media channels.
- Invite them to connect to your favorite bloggers on social media.
Tell them ‘Hey Jim, you should call, xxx, they should be able to help you’ or ‘Jim, you remember talking about your customers, check out this woman she specializes in …..’
Tip: I schedule my shares to social media, my favorite tool for doing this is Buffer.
The reason we hope you will share – it increases the people we reach and our website stats. That is essential for a website/blog to succeed. Added bonus for you, is your customers will come to expect these valued items from you, further strengthening the customer relationship.
Yes, this is more personal and may require you to step out of your comfort zone a little. We welcome, private emails or messages via social media channels, even a short message is appreciated. For example, ‘That was a great blog’ validates us. If you decided to comment via blogs or social media status update, we love comments on topics we specifically discussed. A How? Why? What? or When? comment.
Places to comment:
- On our blog
- On social media, when a blog was shared in a status update
- On social media in a private message
- Via email
- Or a phone call
The reason we hope you will comment – this actually can be a two-way street, when you comment, the results affect you by increasing your exposure. When first-rate comments are made, it increases your blogger’s website standing with Google.
Check out my fantastic offer – ok enough cheese
Seriously we (bloggers) work diligently on the offers we present to our readers. For me, my offers come packed with serious value. That is why I don’t have tons of different offers on my website. I currently offer a monthly newsletter and complimentary consult. I strive to create offers of extreme value.
On occasion, offers are for a targeted segment others cover a wider segment. My Vendor & Sponsorship Event is a targeted list and my monthly newsletters are for anyone who is growing a business.
Become a customer
Yes, we understand this might be a complicated decision. I for one offer an evaluation period and I am sure your favorite blogger will have a similar offer.
How I work with my clients
- Business Coach & Consultant – I work with clients that are frustrated with their efforts in getting and keeping customers. How this looks for you will depend on your specific wants and needs.
- Marketing Consultant – clients that need a strategy plan that fills in areas that they are currently lacking.
- Event Management – this is a brand new offer, those here first chance to have a peek. For more details check out how all this works.
For us, this is the ultimate validation. My goal is to become a person you Know, Like and Trust. If I am doing it right, I will have started to establish this long before you become a client or invest in me by recommending my services. Why do I believe in know, like and trust. It is simple, that is who I work & do business with and I wouldn’t expect any less for my customers and for their recommendations.
If you made it this far, THANKS! Here’s a tweetable for you –
If you’ve read a few of my blogs and haven’t checked out my newsletter, sign up here.
Share your favorite bloggers latest post. I’m always looking for bloggers to read, let’s recognize your favorite bloggers. Tell me who they are.
- Everything I do is with the belief that you must show your clients you care. This continues to resonate with me. I believe that it is the cornerstone of business growth today. My mission is to work with busy people in business on their growth strategy, by helping them build customer recognition, foster loyalty and increase customer retention and referrals.
- Business Growth & Development2017.11.25The 2017 Cyber Monday Sale at Custom Growth Group
- Business Growth & Development2017.11.223rd Annual Internet & Technology Wishlist – the Sales
- Business Growth & Development2017.09.10Create Text Ads using this Simple Guide
- Business Growth & Development2017.08.22Business Networking Techniques 10 Do’s & Don’ts