Early this year I made the decision to work on monetizing my blog.
Google Adsense was one way I was interested in determining if I could adopt. My first project was to add the Google Search Box. I used a great tutorial over at ShoutMeLoud; there you will also find a multi blog guide on Adsense.
With a few clicks I had my Google Search Box set up. A few days went by and I kept checking my search box for results. The problem was there were no results from my website was showing, just the google search items. And yes I had check the box for searching on the website. To tell you what happened next I will have to go back a few months this year.
Earlier this year, my old theme got hacked. I had been considering for awhile, two things: 1) finding a new theme, 2) finding a new hosting service. At that time, I decided to do both.
After some due diligence I decided on the Customizr theme and quickly got it set up. Next I search for a new hosting service, Flywheel rose to the top immediately. Flywheel (*af) is a managed hosting service. There were many great features, but the one that sold me was, they moved my website for me.
Up to this point, I had been working through this myself, other than occasional input and recommendations from my friend, SEO expert and website designer, Margaret Patrick with iDesign Business Link. After talking with her, I realized that my sitemap had not been updated, since moving to the Flywheel. I realize quickly this was beyond what I wanted to do and asked her to step in and update it for me and send me the bill.
Yet, the culprit was still not quite fixed. According to Margaret, I still had one step left to do, my blogs had to be submitted to the index. Once this was done, they began showing up in the search results from the Google Adsense Search Box. This part was something I could do and yet none of the articles I was reading on setting up Google Adsense Search box mentioned this. I do believe these were special circumstances, yet maybe others that have this issue.
Thanks for your help, Margaret!
Submitting your blogs to index, using Google Search Console
Resources from the above blog:
How To Create AdSense For Search Ads & Show Results Within Site via ShoutMeLoud
Adsense Guide : How to use Adsense via ShoutMeLoud
How to set up Google Search Console via Bruce Clay
Beginner’s Guide to Google Search Console via WhereOWare
Take time to live a life that inspires you~
*Some affiliate links are used in this blog. What that means, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a commission from purchases you may make. Disclosure Page.
- Everything I do is with the belief that you must show your clients you care. This continues to resonate with me. I believe that it is the cornerstone of business growth today. My mission is to work with busy people in business on their growth strategy, by helping them build customer recognition, foster loyalty and increase customer retention and referrals.
- Business Growth & Development2017.11.25The 2017 Cyber Monday Sale at Custom Growth Group
- Business Growth & Development2017.11.223rd Annual Internet & Technology Wishlist – the Sales
- Business Growth & Development2017.09.10Create Text Ads using this Simple Guide
- Business Growth & Development2017.08.22Business Networking Techniques 10 Do’s & Don’ts